Horizontal Bead Mill | Grinding Media
A horizontal bead mill is common grinding machine equipment, mainly used for wet grinding of agrochemical, ink, electronic paste, and other materials. Bead mills are not only horizontal bead mills but can be divided into horizontal bead mills, basket bead mills, and vertical bead mills according to their performance.
The horizontal bead mill is mainly composed of the body, the mill barrel, the grinding disc (rod), the grinding medium, the motor, and the feed pump, and the feed speed is controlled by the feed pump. When using a horizontal bead mill to grind materials, it is necessary to use the interaction of grinding media. The grinding media are generally divided into zirconia beads, glass beads, zirconium silicate beads, etc.
The main points of horizontal bead mill grinding media:
1. Horizontal bead mill medium and its carrying capacity: glass balls, zirconia balls, and steel balls can be used as grinding media for the grinding machine, and each medium should be cleaned and screened before being loaded into a cylinder with uniform particle size. When grinding, the medium should be selected according to the dispersion fineness and viscosity of the grinding material. The principle is: the harder the material, the harder the medium selection; the finer the product requirements, the finer the medium particle size, the greater the corresponding bearing capacity; the larger the grinding material particle size, the larger the medium particle size. The bearing capacity of the grinding medium of the horizontal bead mill is about 85% of the cylinder volume. The specific loading amount should be determined according to the particle size of the medium, the sensitivity of the material to temperature, and the type of material.
2. For the medium load of the horizontal bead mill:if the temperature is too high, the load should be reduced and the grinding temperature should be controlled within the ideal temperature range. If the outlet temperature of the product is too low, consider increasing the medium gradually before increasing the speed to improve efficiency.
3. The service life of the medium of the horizontal bead mill: In order to achieve good grinding efficiency, the medium should be replaced and added in time when using, to remove its broken and incomplete parts, and supplement the corresponding new medium. The service life should be explored according to the variety of different materials and replaced in time.
Reasons Affecting the Durability of Bead Mills
1. Material viscosity: It is recommended to increase the material viscosity as much as possible in the allowable environment to reduce wear.
2. Speed: The higher the speed of the dispersing shaft, the faster the wear.
3. No-load: When cleaning the cylinder medium, try to shorten the time as much as possible, and do not drive empty before no material enters the cylinder.
4. The dispersibility of the material itself: the high hardness of the material itself not only affects the life of the grinding medium but also affects the life of the cylinder and the dispersion disc.
In short, as long as you master the key points of using the medium of the horizontal bead mill and pay attention to it in daily operation, you can prolong the service life of the mill.
Copyright Notice :
This article only represents the author’s point of view.
This article is published under the authorization of the author.
This article address : Horizontal Bead Mill | Grinding Media
Horizontal Bead Mill
Horizontal Bead Mill is used for the grinding of a solid-liquid two-phase system. In the grinding process, the material is pumped into the Horizontal Bead Mill, and the rotating grinding disc transfers energy to the beads. The beads impact the material an
Laboratory Double Planetary Mixer
Laboratory double planetary mixer is a kind of non-standardized strong mixing and mixing equipment developed by FRANLI for universities, research institutes, and factory laboratories.
FRANLI laboratory reactor is composed of a pot body, pot cover, stirrer, heating jacket, support and transmission device, shaft seal device, etc. The pot body, pot cover, stirrer, shaft seal, etc. are all made of 1Cr18Ni9Ti stainless steel. A laboratory reactor is mainly suitable for hydrolysis, neutralization crystallization, distillation, evaporation, storage, and other production links in medicine, bioengineering, fine chemical industry, chemical synthesis, food, and other industries.
Beneficial Impacts Of Using a Double Planetary Mixer
A double planetary mixer is an essential part of any industry for mixing particular materials. A double planetary mixer contains two blades that help mix by revolving on their axis in the vessel.
Sigma Mixer: Product Manual
Sigma mixer, also known as a double Z paddle mixer, is mainly used for mixing or kneading materials with very high viscosity (over 500,000 cps).
What is Oxygen Generator Plant？
An Oxygen Generator Plant is an industrial facility that produces oxygen for various applications. Oxygen is an essential element for human life, and it has many uses in different industries, including healthcare, aerospace, and manufacturing.
Instructions For Use of Nano Bead Mill
A bead mill is a machine that is used to break down particles of solid material into a liquid as fast and efficiently as possible.
What is a Lab Reactor？
A lab reactor is at the core of laboratory exercises in various scientific and engineering disciplines. It provides an environment that allows scientists and researchers to conduct experiments and simulations of chemical reactions, which aid in developing new products and optimizing processes.
Immersion Mill: Guide for Producing Fine Powder Materials
An immersion mill is a type of milling machine used for the production of fine powder materials. It is also known as a bead mill, a sand mill, or a basket mill.