Application of three roll mill in paint
Three Roll Mill
FRANLI is a professional three roll mill manufacturer. The types of its three roll mills include electric heating, steam-heating three roll mills, granite rollers, ceramic rollers, and rust-free rollers. The three roll mill is one of the wet grinding equipment that can achieve the best grinding fineness. The structure of the three roll mill is relatively simple and reliable, and the gap between the rollers can be adjusted manually. The fineness requires manual adjustment, which is more convenient and flexible to use.
Details of Three Roll Mill
- three roll mill transfer gears that soak in oil (oil box). Keeping longer life of the operation, less noise.
- Cooling control system: three roll mill installed thermometer, easily check material temp. Three rolls are normally connected with Chiller.
- Cooling system: an individual cooling system for each roller.
- hydraulic control: hydraulic control pressure blades, roller gaps, etc.
- Optional installation：PLC system with SIEMENS touching screen, FRANLI engineer set formulas of grinding according to different viscosity materials.
Application: Paint, Adhesive, Battery, Pharmaceutical industry, Cosmetic
The three roll mill is mainly used for various paste materials such as paints, inks, plastics, pigments, food, etc. It is especially suitable for grinding products with high dispersion viscosity and fine particle size. The roller is centrifugally cast with chilled alloy cast iron, with compact crystal phase, high strength, high hardness and wear resistance on the surface, and a cooling system.
The three roll mill mainly uses the mutual extrusion between the three rollers, and through the friction generated by different rotational speeds, a strong shearing force is generated between the adjacent rollers, so that the material is fully dispersed and broken under the action of the force, so as to achieve the ideal grinding effect.
Application of three roll mill in paint
Coating is a kind of paint we are familiar with. In daily life, it is mainly coated on the surface of some metal materials that are easy to corrode and oxidize. It is used to protect the metal materials from excessive corrosion and oxidation, and plays the role of a protective film. The early coatings were mainly refined and processed with vegetable oil as raw materials, so they were called paints, while the current coatings are mainly processed with synthetic resins. At present, synthetic resins have basically replaced vegetable oils. The three roll mill is widely used in the processing and production of coatings. The three roll mill can better complete the processing and production process of coatings. The grinding machine is relatively simple and convenient to operate, and the quality of the processed products is relatively ideal. At present, it is widely used in the processing and production of coatings.
Three roll mill maintenance
1. After the three roll mill has been used continuously for six months, disassemble and wash the washable parts everywhere, carry out a comprehensive maintenance, and then replace with clean lubricating oil. At the same time, carefully check the smoothness of the oil circuit. When problems are found during disassembly and cleaning, they should be repaired in time.
2. If the roller is found to be deformed during use, it must also be stopped and re-grinded.
3. The number of times of grinding the roller is too much, and the diameter of the roller is smaller than the requirement, the transmission gear will be tight and there will be a gap between the rollers. At this time, the gear must be corrected.
4. The edge of the discharge blade should be carefully corrected before installation, and the grinding should be smooth. Those with thorns and cracks must not be used. After the blade is used for a short time, you can loosen the countersunk head screw and move it out for reuse.
5. The paint film in the middle of the roller is thin and the two ends are thick, which may be convex in the middle of the roller. It is necessary to increase the amount of cooling water.
6. The paint film at both ends of the roller is thin, and the middle paint film is thick, so the cooling water needs to be adjusted.
7. It is strictly forbidden to drive without cooling water.
8. It is strictly forbidden to enter foreign objects (such as metal blocks, etc.) between the two rollers. If foreign objects enter accidentally, stop and take them out in an emergency, otherwise the roller surface will be squeezed or other parts will be damaged.
9. Pay attention to adjusting the front and rear rollers at any time. Due to the linear expansion of the rollers, if you are not careful, it is easy to swell to death during work, and even brake the motor to cause an accident.
10. The copper baffle plate (gear tip) should not be pressed too tightly, and lubricating oil (which can be dissolved into the paint slurry) should be added at any time, otherwise it will wear out quickly.
11. Pay attention to the bearing temperature at both ends of the roller, generally not exceeding 100.
Welcome to send inquiry to us and let’s make a win win business together !
Guidelines For Three Roll Mill
Three roll mills are widely used in a variety of chemical industries, from medium to high viscosity productions. FRANLI machine can break open all kinds of pigment, UV ink, offset ink, decorative paints, and Lubricants, it also can catch the greatest fineness in cosmetics/ lipstick and electronics industries.
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding colored carbon black, as it is used extensively in rubber, plastics, paints, and inks, and some carbon black is added.
The laboratory three roll mill is equipped with the most advanced PLC functions to continuously improve the operability of the most primitive production equipment.
The three roll mill plays a vital role in the grinding of grease. Grease is essentially a kind of lubricating oil, which is a solid or semi-solid product formed by one or more thickeners through the grinding and dispersing action of a three roll mill.
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding attapulgite. The attapulgite is ground and dispersed mainly because it is a natural colloid. Even if the size of the attapulgite reaches 0.1mm, it cannot be easily dispersed by the machine, so the final state of attapulgite formation has been greatly developed.
The three-roll mill is mainly used for grinding materials of various viscosities and is one of the best wet grinding equipment. The dispersing and emulsification effect of the three-roll mill is excellent, especially for ink, paint, colloid, chocolate, plastic, cosmetics, etc., whether it is liquid slurry or paste material, the three-roll mill can work easily.
The 3 roll mill is a grinding and dispersing equipment, which plays an irreplaceable role in improving the quality of coating products.