Precautions for using a three roll mill
Three Roll Mill
FRANLI three roll mills bring advanced control features that were previously only available on production equipment to desktop products. High-tech control technology can now also be applied to product development and small batch production. The touch screen that simulates the graphical interface is easy for operators to grasp, and the operation is flexible, accurate, and stable, which realizes the reproducibility of operating data and experimental results, and is more conducive to product development. The rollers can be made of alloy stainless steel and zirconia ceramics, suitable for ink, Pigments, cosmetics, and other industries, to maximize the satisfaction of customer needs.
Details of Three Roll Mill
- three roll mill transfer gears that soak in oil (oil box). Keeping longer life of the operation, less noise.
- Cooling control system: three roll mill installed thermometer, easily check material temp. Three rolls are normally connected with Chiller.
- Cooling system: an individual cooling system for each roller.
- hydraulic control: hydraulic control pressure blades, roller gaps, etc.
- Optional installation：PLC system with SIEMENS touching screen, FRANLI engineer set formulas of grinding according to different viscosity materials.
Application: Paint, Adhesive, Battery, Pharmaceutical industry, Cosmetic
General precautions for three roll mills
1. The paint film in the middle of the roller is thin and the two ends are thick, which may be convex in the middle of the roller, so it is necessary to increase the amount of cooling water.
2. The paint film at both ends of the roller is thin, and the middle paint film is thick, so the cooling water needs to be adjusted.
3. Driving without cooling water is strictly prohibited.
4. It is strictly forbidden to enter foreign objects (such as metal blocks, etc.) between the two rollers. If foreign objects accidentally enter, stop and take them out in an emergency, otherwise the roller surface will be squeezed or other parts will be damaged.
5. Pay attention to adjusting the front and rear rollers at any time. Due to the linear expansion of the rollers, if you are not careful, it is easy to swell to death during work, and even brake the motor to cause an accident.
6. The copper baffle plate (gear tip) should not be pressed too tightly, and lubricating oil (which can be dissolved into the paint slurry) should be added at any time, otherwise it will wear out quickly.
7. Pay attention to the bearing temperature at both ends of the roller, generally not more than 100.
Precautions for the operation of the three roll mill
1. Before the operation, first check the power cord, whether the switch button is normal, and whether there is cooling circulating water. If everything is normal, the machine can be turned on.
2. During the operation, attention should be paid to whether there is any abnormality, and the machine should be stopped immediately.
3. The oil storage tank should be fixed during operation to avoid oil spillage.
4. The operator should always pay attention to whether there are sundries on the rollers, and if so, stop the machine immediately to avoid affecting the quality and causing safety accidents.
5. When an operator wants to leave the post, someone should take his place.
6. If the production is completed, the roller should be cleaned in time and the surrounding hygiene should be cleaned up, and the relevant power switch should be turned off.
Safety operation rules for three roll mills
1. Start-up inspection:
(1) Check whether the roller surface is clean and if there is no foreign matter between the rollers.
(2) Check whether the scraper is sharp
(3) Check whether each lubricating part is sufficiently lubricated.
2. Preparations before starting:
(1) Release the rollers one by one.
(2) Release the blanking knife.
(3) Slightly loosen the gear tip.
(4) Prepare the receiving tank (must be cleaned)
(5) Open the cooling water valve.
(1) Press the start button to start.
(2) Appropriately press the tip of the gear and feed the material immediately
(3) Rotate the hand wheel, adjust the slow roller and the fast roller, move closer to the middle, observe that the roller surfaces are parallel, and adjust the tension of the roller.
(4) Adjust the pressing force of the blanking scraper, and the pressure is limited to the extent that all the roller surfaces of the scraper blade are firmly attached and not bent.
(5) Adjust the tightness of the gear tip to the extent that it does not leak.
(6) Adjust the cooling water volume.
(7) Observe the pointer of the ammeter, the rated current should not be exceeded.
(8) Take the grease material to check the fineness, and then adjust the tension of the drum and the amount of cooling water according to the fineness.
1) Release the roller, release the gear tip, and release the blanking scraper.
2) Press the button to stop.
3) Close the cooling water valve.
4) Clean up around the equipment site.
5) After long-term parking, coat the roller with a layer of 40# oil to prevent the roller from rusting.
Welcome to send inquiry to us and let’s make a win win business together !
Guidelines For Three Roll Mill
Three roll mills are widely used in a variety of chemical industries, from medium to high viscosity productions. FRANLI machine can break open all kinds of pigment, UV ink, offset ink, decorative paints, and Lubricants, it also can catch the greatest fineness in cosmetics/ lipstick and electronics industries.
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding colored carbon black, as it is used extensively in rubber, plastics, paints, and inks, and some carbon black is added.
The laboratory three roll mill is equipped with the most advanced PLC functions to continuously improve the operability of the most primitive production equipment.
The three roll mill plays a vital role in the grinding of grease. Grease is essentially a kind of lubricating oil, which is a solid or semi-solid product formed by one or more thickeners through the grinding and dispersing action of a three roll mill.
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding attapulgite. The attapulgite is ground and dispersed mainly because it is a natural colloid. Even if the size of the attapulgite reaches 0.1mm, it cannot be easily dispersed by the machine, so the final state of attapulgite formation has been greatly developed.
The three-roll mill is mainly used for grinding materials of various viscosities and is one of the best wet grinding equipment. The dispersing and emulsification effect of the three-roll mill is excellent, especially for ink, paint, colloid, chocolate, plastic, cosmetics, etc., whether it is liquid slurry or paste material, the three-roll mill can work easily.
The 3 roll mill is a grinding and dispersing equipment, which plays an irreplaceable role in improving the quality of coating products.