Three roll mill safe use tutorial
Three Roll Mill
Details of Three Roll Mill
- Two types: handwheel and digital control gap
- Safe scraper socket, Emergency-stop
- Space-saving desktop models
- Drip tray for easy cleaning
Application: Paint, Adhesive, Battery, Pharmaceutical industry, Cosmetic
It is especially suitable for grinding products with high viscosity and good fineness requirements. Of course, for materials with different viscosities, different types of machines can be selected for the three-roller mill to grind. The surface of the three roll mill has high hardness and wear resistance, and it can be equipped with a cooling device to ensure the continuous operation of the machine. The manufacturer of the three-roll mill will introduce the steps and methods of using the three roll mill and the points of attention in the work from three aspects: the preparation work before driving the three roll mill, the key points of the operation steps during work, and the cleaning at the end of the work.
Three roll mill before work
The user needs to check whether the roller surface of the three-roller grinder is clean. If it is not clean enough, it needs to be cleaned immediately; then it is necessary to check whether there is enough lubricating grease in the lubricating part to prevent uneven grinding during the operation of the machine. ; It is also necessary to check whether the fast and slow rollers of the three-roll mill are loosened from the middle roller, whether the discharge scraper is normal, etc.
When the three-roll mill works
(1) After the user starts the three-roller grinder, he needs to slowly adjust the fast and slow rolls of the machine to the desired position through a manual or PLC control system (when the grinding materials are soap and lead core raw materials, it is necessary to set the Adjust the fast and slow rollers to a gap of about 0.5mm between the middle rollers), then put the materials to be ground into the three-roller grinder, and make another precise adjustment according to the fineness required by the user. When the material is paste-like with color (such as paint, ink, paint, pigment, etc.), generally speaking, the user needs to choose a suitable choice, and the depth of the surface color is consistent. If the middle color is lighter, the color at the second end is thicker. Some are normal. After the roller is adjusted, put the discharge blade on top.
(2) During the grinding process of the three-roller grinder, is mainly practiced by mutual extrusion and friction between the fast and slow rolls and the middle roll. At the same time, the role of the fast roll is very important, which can bring out the effect of the ground material, Due to the different rotation speeds and line speeds of the three rollers, the surface wear of the rollers is also different. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid extrusion and friction of the three rollers when there is no object to be ground.
(3) During the grinding process of the three-roller grinder, if the material discharged from the middle of the roller is thinner and the material discharged from the second end is thicker, it can be adjusted by increasing the flow of cooling water during operation. After the roller undergoes thermal expansion due to surface friction, it will become straight after a short period of grinding, and the flow of cooling water in the machine can be appropriately reduced. In short, the user can control it according to the actual situation. It must be noted that it is not allowed to add non-cooling water, because when the heat on the surface of the roller gradually rises to a certain level, the surface of the roller will peel off or deform irregularly, failing. Consequences of use.
(4) The rollers of the three-roller grinder should avoid grinding corrosive materials. Users can choose special corrosion-resistant rollers to grind specific materials (except for stainless steel and granite rollers.)
(5) When using the machine, the user should always pay attention to adjusting the gap between the rollers and turning on the cooling water. Because the thermal expansion of the rollers is not fixed, it is easy to expand, and even brake the motor, resulting in irreversible accidents.
(6) The feeding copper knife of the three-roller grinder should generally not be pressed too tightly. The user may need to drop a certain amount of lubricant in the contact arc at any time, and also need to be able to adjust the length of the working surface of the roller. If the two ends of the roller are hot, a piece of paper can be properly placed between the copper knife bracket and the upper cover to reduce the friction between the copper knife and the roller and reduce the temperature at the two ends of the roller.
(7) Note that the temperature rise of the bearing should not exceed 35°C during normal operation.
After the work of the three-roll mill
When the three-roll mill is finished, the user needs to loosen the rollers, copper knives, and blades for discharging, and clean and anti-corrosion. It is not allowed to clean the rollers without materials.
Welcome to send inquiry to us and let’s make a win win business together !
Guidelines For Three Roll Mill
Three roll mills are widely used in a variety of chemical industries, from medium to high viscosity productions. FRANLI machine can break open all kinds of pigment, UV ink, offset ink, decorative paints, and Lubricants, it also can catch the greatest fineness in cosmetics/ lipstick and electronics industries.
Three Roll Mill For Carbon Black｜High Grinding & Dispersion
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding colored carbon black, as it is used extensively in rubber, plastics, paints, and inks, and some carbon black is added.
Laboratory Three Roll Mill｜PLC Control System & Experimental
The laboratory three roll mill is equipped with the most advanced PLC functions to continuously improve the operability of the most primitive production equipment.
Three Roll Mill For Grease
The three roll mill plays a vital role in the grinding of grease. Grease is essentially a kind of lubricating oil, which is a solid or semi-solid product formed by one or more thickeners through the grinding and dispersing action of a three roll mill.
Three Roll Mill For Attapulgite
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding attapulgite. The attapulgite is ground and dispersed mainly because it is a natural colloid. Even if the size of the attapulgite reaches 0.1mm, it cannot be easily dispersed by the machine, so the final state of attapulgite formation has been greatly developed.
Rolls of a three-roll mill
The three-roll mill is mainly used for grinding materials of various viscosities and is one of the best wet grinding equipment. The dispersing and emulsification effect of the three-roll mill is excellent, especially for ink, paint, colloid, chocolate, plastic, cosmetics, etc., whether it is liquid slurry or paste material, the three-roll mill can work easily.
3 roll mill｜Failure of the roll shaft & pulley
The 3 roll mill is a grinding and dispersing equipment, which plays an irreplaceable role in improving the quality of coating products.