Multi-Shaft Mixers | Multi-Shaft Paddle Mixer
Multi Shaft Mixers
A multi-shaft mixer, also known as a multi-shaft agitator or multi-shaft paddle mixer, is an industrial mixing machine that uses two or more rotating shafts to blend, mix, and disperse ingredients together. Multi-shaft mixers are commonly used in various industries for applications like food processing, chemical mixing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, cosmetics production, and more. They provide efficient and thorough mixing through the synchronized counter-rotating motion of multiple shafts inside the mixing vessel.
Advantages of Multi-Shaft Mixer
- Which can mix the material ≤1,000,000 cps, stronger power, fully mixing high viscosity.
- The Teflon scrapper on the low speed (butterfly mixer), scraping the wall of the tank also bottom of the tank.
- The stainless steel round cover with vacuum system, to remove the foam and air, sight view glass, feeding system hole.
Application: Paint, Adhesive, Battery, Pharmaceutical industry, Cosmetic
Key Components of a Multi-Shaft Mixer
A typical multi-shaft mixer consists of the following main components:
– Mixing vessel: This is the container where the mixing process takes place. Vessels can be made of materials like stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, plastic, rubber, or composite depending on the application. Vessel designs include cylindrical tanks, conical tanks, and more.
– Mixing shafts: Two or more shafts run through the center of the vessel and rotate in opposite directions. Shafts are fitted with mixing elements like paddles, blades, or ribbons to facilitate the blending action.
– Drive system: An electric motor or hydraulic system provides power to rotate the shafts. Variable speed controls allow adjusting the mixing speed.
– Seals: Mechanical seals prevent leakage and ensure product containment within the vessel.
– Support frame: A sturdy frame or base supports and secures the entire mixing assembly.
– Control panel: Provides controls to operate the mixer like start/stop buttons, speed adjustment, timers, and safety features.
Working Principle of Multi-Shaft Mixing
The synchronized counter-rotating motion of the multiple shafts inside the vessel is what enables efficient mixing in a multi shaft mixer. Here is a brief overview of how it works:
– Ingredients are loaded into the mixing vessel which is then sealed.
– The drive system engages to spin the shafts in opposite directions – one shaft rotates clockwise while the other rotates counter-clockwise.
– Mixing elements like paddles attached to the shafts move the ingredients around in a folding motion, thoroughly combining solids and liquids.
– The counter-rotating shafts create a shear force within the vessel that breaks up lumps and disperses materials evenly throughout.
– Continuous rotation maintains agitation so no dead zones are formed where mixing does not occur properly.
– Speed, timing, and number of rotations can be adjusted as per the recipe for optimal blending results.
– Once fully mixed, the finished product is discharged from the vessel.
Benefits of Multi-Shaft Mixing
There are several advantages that multi-shaft mixers offer over single-shaft mixers:
– Superior blending: Counter-rotating shafts provide more intense agitation for better dispersion of solids into liquids compared to single-shaft mixing.
– No dead zones: Continuous shearing action reaches every corner of the vessel, eliminating unmixed pockets. This ensures uniform consistency.
– Faster mixing: Ingredients incorporate quicker since more paddles are engaging the load simultaneously from different angles.
– Gentler mixing: Counter-rotation creates less turbulence, shear, and foaming compared to single shaft agitation. This is important for delicate ingredients.
– Scalable design: Additional shafts can be added for larger volumes without compromising mix quality.
– Versatile applications: Suitable for both low and high viscosity wet and dry mixing of many material types.
– Easy cleaning: Open design allows for thorough washdown of the vessel interior between batches.
– Consistent results: Precise speed control and automated processes deliver reproducible mixes batch after batch.
Given the advantages above, multi shaft mixers excel in applications that require:
– Thorough dispersion of solids: Examples include food mixes, dry premixes, pharmaceutical powders, pigments, minerals and more.
– Gentle blending of heat-sensitive materials: Such as cosmetics, personal care products, liquid colorants, adhesives, and sealants.
– Fast incorporation of ingredients: Like baking mixes, beverages, sauces, condiments, protein powders, and nutritional supplements.
– Large volume continuous mixing: Common in food processing for items like dough, batter, slurry, etc.
– Reproducible quality: Important in pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and other industries with strict specifications.
– Versatility: Suitable for both batch and continuous mixing processes across industries.
Multi shaft mixers deliver superior blending through synchronized counter-rotating shafts. Their efficient yet gentle mixing action makes them ideal for applications requiring thorough yet delicate dispersion of solids and liquids. With customizable designs, multi shaft mixers remain a versatile workhorse in various industrial mixing processes.
Welcome to send inquiry to us and let’s make a win win business together !
Guidelines For Multi Shaft Mixer
FRANLI customized different kinds of multi-shaft mixers for more than 300+ customers. This kind of machine works in the coating industry, medicine industry, cosmetic industry, and other high technology chemical industries.
Triple-shaft mixers, also known as multi-shaft mixers, are innovative blending machines designed to efficiently mix and disperse various components in adhesives.
Triple shaft mixers are capable of handling a wide range of ink formulations, including solvent-based, water-based, UV-curable, and hybrid inks.
Triple shaft mixers have revolutionized the coating industry by providing efficient and versatile solutions for mixing raw materials.
A multi-shaft mixer is a type of industrial mixer that has more than one mixing shaft. These mixers are designed to mix multiple ingredients simultaneously, allowing for more efficient and effective mixing.
The dual shaft mixer is the best mixer to dissolve the specific ingredients with appropriate shear capacity. This activity is performed by the high-speed shafts situated in the mixer and provides you with the perfect uniformity of the product. It also contains an Anchor agitator and a High-Speed Disperser that offer you the best quality and consistency.
The FRANLI triple shaft mixer extends the working area by adding a rotating stator mixer with a large displacement or a second quick distributor. High shear stator and rotary mixer can emulsify and homogenize products that require higher shear forces to reduce particles into smaller sizes.