The use and characteristics of the three roll mill
Three Roll Mill
Details of Three Roll Mill
- Two types: handwheel and digital control gap
- Safe scraper socket, Emergency-stop
- Space-saving desktop models
- Drip tray for easy cleaning
Application: Paint, Adhesive, Battery, Pharmaceutical industry, Cosmetic
The three roll mill is especially suitable for grinding and dispersing materials with high viscosity and high fineness requirements. It is widely used in various liquid slurries and paste materials such as paints, inks, pigments, plastics, cosmetics, soaps, ceramics, rubber, etc. grind.
Three roll mill features
The roller of the three roll mill is made of chilled alloy cast iron centrifugally cast, and the surface is thermally sprayed with nickel alloy powder into a bimetallic chilled alloy, which has high hardness, impact resistance and wear resistance.
Its transmission system adopts a multi-row chain soft start, with high transmission efficiency, and the gears are immersed in lubricating oil, which prolongs the service life of the machine to the maximum extent, and reduces noise and energy consumption. The roller is made of wear-resistant alloy steel, which has a long service life.
The diameter of the roller is ground with high precision, which is precise and fine so that the grinding fineness of the material can reach less than 5 μm, and produce uniform and fine high-quality products.
By adjusting the parallel hand wheel screw to adjust the gap between the rollers to adjust the particle size of the ground material, it is simple, accurate, and easy to operate. The three roll mill is equipped with a cooling device, which can dissipate the heat generated during the work of the rollers and ensure continuous operation. It is suitable for various varieties and is easy to change colors.
Minimum grinding distance for three roll mills
Theoretically, the distance between the rollers can be 0, but in actual operation, there must be a gap between the rollers to ensure that the processed material can pass between the rollers smoothly. In addition, if the gap between the rolls is 0 or too small, if the rolls are not cooled in time during the working process, they will expand due to heat and cause the rolls to contact each other, which is likely to damage the rolls. Therefore, the size of the roll gap is usually recommended to be set at about 25 microns. The three roll mill relies on the huge shear force between the rolls, mutual extrusion, and friction to achieve the required fineness and grinding effect, and the size of the roll gap is not equal to the final fineness requirement.
Three roll mill lubrication maintenance method steps
1. Open the oil filling cap of the gearbox of the three roll mill, add butter, and lubricate the meshing surfaces of the gears.
2. The bearing seat of the three roll mill has been filled with lubricating grease before leaving the factory. It is not necessary to refill it at the beginning of use. After 120 hours of use, inject grease through the oiling cup or the pressure nozzle.
3. The transmission shaft of the three roller mill must be lubricated once through the oil nozzle every time it is used.
4. Lubricating oil should be added at any time between the adjusting screw of each part, the fast and slow roller bearing housing, and the two guide rail surfaces of the machine base to avoid wear and tear.
5. After the machine has been used continuously for half a year, it is recommended to carry out a major overhaul, disassemble and wash all the moving parts, replace it with clean lubricating oil (grease), and carefully check the smoothness of the oil circuit. If there is a problem, it should be corrected in time.
6. When the three roll mill is stored for a long time, it should be coated with anti-corrosion grease on the surface of the roller and related parts, to avoid pinholes and rust spots on the surface of the roller, which will make it unusable. Carry out a major overhaul of the machine before unpacking to avoid accidents.
Welcome to send inquiry to us and let’s make a win win business together !
Guidelines For Three Roll Mill
Three roll mills are widely used in a variety of chemical industries, from medium to high viscosity productions. FRANLI machine can break open all kinds of pigment, UV ink, offset ink, decorative paints, and Lubricants, it also can catch the greatest fineness in cosmetics/ lipstick and electronics industries.
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding colored carbon black, as it is used extensively in rubber, plastics, paints, and inks, and some carbon black is added.
The laboratory three roll mill is equipped with the most advanced PLC functions to continuously improve the operability of the most primitive production equipment.
The three roll mill plays a vital role in the grinding of grease. Grease is essentially a kind of lubricating oil, which is a solid or semi-solid product formed by one or more thickeners through the grinding and dispersing action of a three roll mill.
Three roll mill is the main equipment for grinding attapulgite. The attapulgite is ground and dispersed mainly because it is a natural colloid. Even if the size of the attapulgite reaches 0.1mm, it cannot be easily dispersed by the machine, so the final state of attapulgite formation has been greatly developed.
The three-roll mill is mainly used for grinding materials of various viscosities and is one of the best wet grinding equipment. The dispersing and emulsification effect of the three-roll mill is excellent, especially for ink, paint, colloid, chocolate, plastic, cosmetics, etc., whether it is liquid slurry or paste material, the three-roll mill can work easily.
The 3 roll mill is a grinding and dispersing equipment, which plays an irreplaceable role in improving the quality of coating products.