FRANLI Bead Mill: The Complete User Guide
The following advantages result from this:
- high grinding capacity
- closer grain distribution
- less strain on the grinding system
Bead Mill is fed in suspension and processed in one passage. The product flow is adjusted by the feed pump, which determines the residence time in the chamber and thus the fineness of the product. Machines with a variable drive system will allow the agitator shaft to rotate at infinitely adjustable speeds. Constant speed machines can also be adjusted by the use of different drive pulleys. Thus the bead mill can be adjusted to give the most efficient grinding for many different products over a very wide speed range. Depending upon the temperature behavior of the product the grinding chamber can either be cooled or heated.
Operation of bead mill
These operating instructions are designed to familiarize the user with the machine and its designated use.
The Bead mill contains important information on how to 0 operate the machine safely properly and most efficiently.
Observing these instructions helps to avoid danger, to reduce repair costs and downtimes, and to increase the reliability and life of the machine. The instruction manual is to be supplemented by the respective national rules and regulations for accident prevention and environmental protection.
The operating instructions must always be available wherever the bead mill is in use and must be read and applied by any person who carries out works on the machine. In addition to the operating instructions and the mandatory rules and regulations for accident prevention and environmental protection in the country and place of use of the machine, the generally recognized technical rules for safe and proper working must also be observed.
Therefore we kindly ask you for your understanding that changes in the design or of the models of our product range may arise, that are reasonable for the buyer.
Please be advised that no essential change in the function will take place.
No claims can be derived from the illustrations and descriptions of this operating manual.
These operating instructions of the bead mill are only applicable to the order confirmation number stated on the cover sheet. This number can also be found on the bead mill nameplate.
BEAD MILL Safety Instructions
(1) The bead mill is constructed according to the latest “state of the art” technology and recognizes all industrial safety regulations (VDE, DIN, VDI).
(2) In addition to those stated in the operating instructions, observe the generally valid, legal, and otherwise binding regulations for accident prevention! These types of liability can apply, for example, to the handling of hazardous materials or the wearing of protective clothing.
(3) Operate the machine only when there are no technical problems and only in a safety-conscious manner, as directed, in accordance with the operating instructions! Above all, immediately attend to any problems, which could adversely affect safe operation.
(4) The manufacturer accepts no responsibility for damage resulting from material properties and reactions of the product being processed. The user alone bears the risk.
(5) Observe all notices concerning safety and hazards which appear on the machine and keep them in a legible condition!
(6) Backfitting or changes on the machine must only be carried out after consulting the manufacturer. Spare parts must comply with the technical requirements stipulated by the manufacturer. This is always guaranteed with original spare parts. The use of non-original spare parts from other suppliers results in the loss of liability for any damages resulting thereof.
(7) Only operate the machine with all protective devices, e.g. emergency cutout, safety limit switch, noise reduction, and suction devices, in place and in a functional state!
(8) Before switching on the machine, make sure that no one is endangered by the start-up.
The following safety regulations apply in particular to machines with freely accessible, rotating shafts:
- Protect hair against trapping hazards by wearing a hairnet;
- wear safety glasses;
- wear tight-fitting working clothes;
- take off watches, finger rings, bracelets or necklaces, etc.
(9) If the machine is completely shut down for maintenance or repair, it must be secured against an unexpected restart:
lock the primary control device and remove the key and/or place a warning sign at the main switch.
(10) For assembly work above body height, use ladders and work platforms provided or those meeting safety requirements. Do not climb on machine parts!
(11) Use caution when handling hot products and machine parts, e.g. product pipelines or those which are heated, non-insulated areas of the grinding tank, or turbo-coupler, due to the danger of burning. This is also valid for tanks and pipelines cooled to extremely low temperatures.
(12) Before cleaning the machine with water or other cleaning agents, cover or tape all openings that should be protected from moisture due to safety or operational reasons.
Especially at risk are electro-motors and switch cabinets. The covers are to be completely removed after cleaning!
(13) During loading use only hoisting equipment, load-lifting devices, and transport vehicles with sufficient bearing capacity!
(14) Machines must only be transported and assembled by the qualified skilled staff! For safety reasons please make sure that the machine is lifted as low as possible during transport! It is not allowed to stay under overhead loads! Make sure that the machine is fixed safely, this applies in particular to top-heavy machines!
(15) Disconnect the machine from all external energy supplies even for minor changes of position!
Before restarting the machine, reconnect it to the power supply according to regulations!
(16) Work on electrical units or machinery materials may only be performed by an electrician or under the direction of an electrician according to the electro-technical regulations and the respective accident prevention specifications.
(17) The electrical equipment for a machine is to be maintained and operated according to regulations and to be constantly monitored. Necessary work should be undertaken immediately. An electrical unit may not be operated if it shows signs of a defect through which operators or third parties could be endangered.
(18) Machines and plant parts, on which inspection, maintenance, or repair is performed, must be connected free of voltage.
(19) Tampering and modifications, which violate the test and acceptance specifications, are not allowed on structural parts or components that are approved for use in the Ex area or for Ex protection.
(20) Welding, burning and grinding work may only be carried out on the machine with authorization. I.e. when no danger of fire or explosion exists.
(21) Eliminate the pressure before opening machine sections and lines that are under pressure (e.g. grinding tank, sealing pressure unit).
(22) Dangers for people with heart pacemakers:
A: There is a high risk of crushing.
B: Strong magnetic fields can disturb the function of pacemakers!
C: A minimum distance of 2 m must be maintained.