Horizontal sand mill: Efficient, Safe, High Grinding
Horizontal sand mill
Horizontal sand mill is suitable for grinding and creating medium-viscosity liquid materials such as paints, inks, pigments and dyes, medicines, cosmetics, food, papermaking, electronic materials, etc. Horizontal sand mills are suitable for high viscosity, small fineness, volatile materials, and closed grinding.
Application: Paint, Adhesive, Battery, Pharmaceutical industry, Cosmetic
The horizontal sand mill is a fully enclosed wet grinding and evacuation machine that is continuously operated. The liquid material is transported by the pump into the closed grinding cylinder of the horizontal sand mill, and then the main machine pushes the meson grinding beads to run at a high speed so that the material is in a small area. In the gap between the grinding beads, the high-speed torsional blow under pressure produces mixing, emulsification, evacuation, kneading, rolling, and other grinding functions, and the material particles are quickly ground and dispersed, to achieve the required fineness and narrow particle size of the raw materials. Distribution range. After grinding, the high-speed rotating hard tungsten steel separates the gap and outputs the grinding barrel, while the grinding beads remain in the barrel. For cyclic grinding operations, the fineness of continuous cyclic grinding can be up to 5 μm or less.
The composition of horizontal sand mill
1. The horizontal sand mill is composed of a body, a transmission system, a grinding shaft, a grinding cylinder, a feeding system, and an electric control system.
2. Wet grinding makes the grinding speed of the medium faster and the distribution more uniform.
3. The grinding work of the horizontal sand mill is to run the grinding at a high speed in a fully enclosed and pressurized grinding cylinder, so there is no problem of solvent volatilization and contamination, which ensures the hygiene of the workshop and the physical and mental health of the operators. Moreover, because there is no solvent volatilization, it saves energy and reduces production costs.
4. There is a slide rail at the bottom of the grinding cylinder, which is convenient for the replacement of grinding beads and disassembly during maintenance. By removing the set screw, the grinding cylinder can be pulled apart to allow the grinding beads to flow out.
5. The machine shaft seal is installed between the transmission structure and the grinding structure of the horizontal sand mill, and the machine shaft seal is cyclically lubricated with a solvent-based liquid so that the grinding material and the transmission structure are combined, and the solvent for circulating lubrication of the mechanical shaft seal is in the storage barrel. And transport cooling water circulation cooling and lubricating solvent.
6. There are two types of pumps for material conveying in the horizontal sand mill: Gear pump and pneumatic double-diaphragm pump, which can be selected by users according to the physical properties and characteristics of the materials to be ground.
Maintenance of horizontal sand mill
1. The lubricating oil of the steel ball continuously variable transmission shall not be lower than the center line on the oil trace.
2. The horizontal sand mill should be cleaned and overhauled once a year or so.
The function of the sand mill is to further grind and disperse the pre-dispersed slurry to the specified fineness. It consists of a vertical sand drum, mixing shaft, and paint slurry conveying system. 8~10 dispersing discs are evenly installed on the stirring shaft to play the role of grading and dispersing. Typically, the cylinder is filled with an appropriate amount of dispersion medium, such as glass beads.
When the substance enters the cylinder from the bottom and the stirring shaft drives the dispersing plate to move at a high speed, the mixture of the paint slurry and the dispersing medium moves upward, and at the same time rotates between the two dispersing plates to achieve high-speed turbulence, where the pigment particles are sheared by the high-speed dispersing medium cut because the dispersion disc rotates at a very high speed, the centrifugal force generated can reach 100 times the gravity (ie 100 grams, g is the acceleration of gravity), so the pigment particles exist between the dispersion discs in a graded manner.
Advantages of sand mills
The sand mill has the characteristics of low labor intensity and does not require much care during operation; it is convenient for continuity, and the operating technical requirements are not as high as that of the three roll mill; maintenance is not as high as that of the three roll mill; high production efficiency, especially for easy-to-disperse pigments. Its disadvantage is that it is not suitable for processing difficult-to-disperse pigments, and it is difficult to change color, so it is only suitable for slurries with lower viscosity.
Welcome to send inquiry to us and let’s make a win win business together !
Guidelines For Sand Mill
The sand mill mainly uses friction, shearing, and collision as effective grinding methods. It is one of the grinding equipment currently applicable to a wide range of material particle sizes and has high grinding efficiency. The energy density per unit volume is large. The control system can complete the continuous grinding and continuous discharging of the slurry, which greatly improves the production efficiency of the sand mill. It has the advantages of high energy density, fine product granularity, small environmental pollution, simple equipment structure, and convenient maintenance.
Sand mills, also known as bead mills or media mills, are mechanical devices used in the field of grinding and dispersion.
The vertical sand mill is a nano-sand mill whose grinding cylinder adopts a suspended structure, raw materials enter from the bottom and discharge from the top.
Vertical sand mills and horizontal sand mills are commonly used equipment for grinding in paint, coating, ink, and other industries. They all rely on the high-speed rotation between the grinding medium and the material for grinding work.
The sand grinding machine, also known as the pearl grinding machine, is used to grind the paint of the pigment with hard wear -resistant beads, glass balls, etc. in a closed cavity.
Sand mills are mainly used in industrial fields such as paint coatings, cosmetics, food, daily chemicals, dyes, inks, pharmaceuticals, magnetic recording materials, ferrites, photosensitive films, oxide ceramics, and new energy.
Sand mill is a kind of high-efficiency grinding equipment, which is mainly used for grinding materials, and the particle size of the final grinding can reach the nanometer level.