Double Planetary Mixer｜FRANLI Product
Double Planetary Mixer
A double planetary mixer is a multi-purpose piece of equipment with planetary attachments for whipping and blending. Not only do the blending blades spin along the vessel’s axis, but they also move in the opposite direction.
Details of Double Planetary Mixer
- The common agitators include paddle type, twist type, claw type, and frame type.
- good mixing, reaction, kneading, and dissolution functions.
inks, colorants, dyes, coatings, and other industries.
In a standing or vertical mixer, the attachment (agitator) is rotated on an axis by the mixer. Because it functions in the same way that planets orbit the sun, it is termed a “planetary mixer.” Under atmospheric or vacuum conditions, this mixer will combine complex pastes in the pharmaceutical business. The mixer bowl is vital for mixing because it is where most dough and batters are blended with the least amount of waste. Powders, granules, ointments, lotions, and chemicals can all be mixed with liquids, solids, or galantine. Furthermore, using a single or double planetary action accelerates the processing of mixes.
The double planetary mixer is a unique mixing machine with outstanding performance, rapid speed, easy cleaning, and easy maintenance. The two agitators on the equipment rotate around the machine’s axis during rotation. When choosing agitators for an operation, the viscosity of the materials and process variables are taken into account. The double planetary mixer’s closed construction can work in conjunction with the vacuum system to achieve vacuum mixing.
Working principle of the double planetary mixer
Planetary mixers operate on a fundamental principle. Depending on the model, they have two or three multi-hinged blades. When the paddles rotate and revolutionize simultaneously, material flows up and down and across the interior cylinder, achieving the mixing action within a short period. The planetary mixer is essential for dissolving, mixing, kneading, and polymerizing pastes and other materials with high viscosity and density.
At the same time, it rotates at great speed around the axis. The double planetary mixer has a set of separate scrapers that clean the barrel wall continually. Concurrently, the blade can be attached to the mixing blade to wipe the bottom of the barrel and maintain product stability by avoiding mixing dead angles. Its gearbox is a planetary gear transmission with a large output torque which is ideal for high temperatures, high solids, high viscosity, and other challenging working circumstances.
A vacuum planetary mixer mixes components in an airless atmosphere to prevent bubbles from entering the mix and causing foaming, air pockets in the final product, fouling in heat exchangers, and cavitation.
Main features of double planetary mixers
● It has planetary blades that are either single or double.
● Have a floating scraper blade that adapts to the shape of the bowl.
● An air or oil electric pump is used to operate the lift both manually and hydraulically.
● There is a high mixing efficiency since the blades are controlled at different speeds.
● It guarantees continuous consistency and homogeneous mixing.
Application of double planetary mixer
Although planetary mixers may be used for several tasks, vigorous mixing is the most common. This mixing assembly’s agitation pattern is planetary, thus the name. Because the planetary spinning blades rotate not only around the mixing bowl’s centre but also on their axis, this is a very efficient mixing technique.
For both routine and complex applications, the planetary mixer provides precise homogenization of the mixed material. It requires little upkeep and generates very little waste. It is used to mix spherical items in industries such as adhesives, pharmaceuticals, meals (including dough), chemicals, electronics, polymers, and pigments. Under atmospheric or vacuum conditions, a planetary mixer is regarded as an appropriate machine for mixing and kneading thick pastes.
It’s appropriate for spreading and blending chemicals in industries including coating, putty, glue, energy, electronics & electrical appliances, medications, cosmetics, and food. Solder paste, ceramic paste, silicone inks, sealants, structural adhesives, soft cream, jam, and other slurries having a viscosity of less than 3,000,000cps and a solid percentage of less than 90%.
To combine creams and lotions of varying viscosities, a vacuum planetary mixer is employed. The mixer comes with a stainless steel bowl and a high-speed beater. For optimal mixing, the beater spins within the bowl in a planetary motion. These bowls are precision designed and made of medical-grade steel, assuring the mixers’ longevity and dependability.
Advantages of double planetary mixer
● Blades rotate on their axis while circling the mixing tank, generating increased shear and reducing mixing time and homogeneity.
● All wetted parts are stainless steel and well-polished, making cleaning easier and reducing the risk of contamination.
● Available in capacities ranging from 0.5 to 2,300 liters
● The double planetary mixer’s high-speed disperser consists of multi-layer serrated disperser plates that spin at an exceedingly high speed. It also rotates at high speeds while revolving around the axis.
● It has a significant dispersion effect and can swiftly distribute the powder (additives) into the slurry.
● The twin planetary mixer has a series of independent scrapers that clean the barrel wall continually. Close tolerances from blade to blade and blade to tank wall are possible with precision-manufactured tanks and blades, allowing for more efficient dispersion and removing the need for sidewall scrapers.
● It has a planetary gear gearbox with a high output torque which is suitable for high temperatures, high solids, high viscosity, and other challenging operating situations.
● It has a planetary gear transmission with a high output torque that is suited for high temperature, high solids, high viscosity, and other difficult operating conditions.
● All machines have vacuum capabilities, enabling product de-aeration or dehydration. The twin planetary mixers closed construction may work in tandem with the vacuum system to achieve vacuum mixing. The mixing barrel can be equipped with jacket heating and act in unison with the mold temperature controller to create a consistent temperature mixing function.
● The mixing barrel may be designed with a jacketed heating and act in unison with the mold temperature controller to accomplish the constant temperature mixing function.
In a planetary mixer that transfers material, two identical blades revolve on their axes while circling on a common axis. The blades spin around the outside of the mixing vessel, gathering material from the walls and transferring it inside.
The planetary mixer is ideal for combining thick pastes and dough-like materials, but it may also produce dry and wet granulations.
The planetary mixer is ideal for combining thick pastes and dough-like materials, but it may also produce dry and wet granulations. When employed as a vacuum mixer/dryer, it may convert pastes or slurries into free-flowing powder.
Welcome to send inquiry to us and let’s make a win win business together !
Guidelines For Double Planetary Mixer
FRANLI is a professional double planetary mixer manufacturer. Our double planetary mixer is especially suitable for dissolving, mixing, kneading, and reacting from powder to high-viscosity and high-density materials. According to different viscosities and material characteristics, Choose the right stirring paddle, and provide supporting equipment and production lines for double planetary mixers.
A dual planetary mixer is a versatile and efficient machine that is used in various industries, including food, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics.
This double planetary mixer can mix all types of viscosity of the material in no time. This double planetary mixer contains high-capacity blades that can work from 1 million centipoises to 8 million centipoises.
FRANLI double planetary mixer is a high-efficiency, multi-purpose, and no-dead angle mandatory mixing and dispersing equipment.
Double planetary mixers are widely used, especially in the field of electronic slurry, whether it is stirring or mixing, the final output effect has been recognized by all walks of life.
There are two types of double planetary mixers produced by FRANLI, which mainly involve two major application fields, one is laboratory research type, and the other is a factory production line
The double planetary mixer is one of the ideal types of equipment for low-viscosity materials. This facility has a low and fast mixing dispersing disc, which can complete the functions of high shear and dispersing low viscosity materials at the same time.